The Blossom Nursery Privacy & Cookies Policy
1.This Privacy and Cookies Policy sets out the privacy and cookies policy of The Blossom Nursery (company number 623058 (United Arab Emirates) whose registered address is at c/o The Blossom Nursery, P.O. Box 37885, Dubai, United Arab Emirates a “data controller and processor” (referred to as “TBN”).
2. Collection of Personal Information
1.The types of personal information collected and stored by TBN might include your name, your children’s names, dates of birth, e-mail address, postal and P.O. box address, telephone number, mobile number, passport copies, Emirates ID number, immunization records and health history and credit/debit card or other payment details.
2.TBN (or any of its sub-contractors) may collect the following personal information about you in the following ways:
- (a) any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to TBN to register on its website(s) or receive email alerts or other communications from TBN;
- (b) any data that you provide via postings to forums and blogs and any other posting that you make to an TBN website (in such circumstances the information posted by you will, of course, also be available to users of the website throughout the world);
- (c) any other data which you provide to TBN when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal information; and
- (d) data you provide TBN during any transaction with us.
3.TBN (or any of its sub-contractors) may also receive information about you from third parties, for example a friend who wants to tell you about one of our promotions, activities or website information shared.
3. Storage and retention of your information
4. Use of Your Information
1. TBN may use your personal information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) for the following purposes:
- (a) administering your website account(s) and otherwise in connection with any service for which you have provided your information, including any email alerts, transactions with us and competitions and promotions that you take part in;
- (b) responding to any enquiry you make;
- (c) subject to your consent, sending you newsletters and/or alerts and information regarding TBN's or any third party's future services (in all formats to which you have consented e.g. post, email, text); and
- (d) for generating aggregated statistics about users, traffic patterns etc. of the TBN website(s) and other services and developing TBN's marketing plans.
2. TBN may also disclose your information as follows:
- (a) if you have given your consent for TBN to do so, to other selected organisations to enable them to contact you or send you information by post, telephone and/or email;
- (b) to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents appointed by TBN to perform the above functions on its behalf and in accordance with its instructions;
- (c) to third parties selected by TBN as part of aggregated and anonymised statistics about users, traffic patterns etc. of the TBN website(s);
- (d) to such individuals and/or bodies as necessary to ensure TBN's compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceeding or governmental request;
- (f) to any individual making a subject information request to TBN.
3.In the event that TBN(or a relevant part of TBN) is acquired by or merges with another company, your personal information may be passed to the purchasing/merging company amongst the transferred business assets. This will enable your relationship to continue with the relevant TBN business despite the change of ownership. Your personal information may also be passed (on a confidential basis) to companies with whom TBN is negotiating such a sale/merger as part of the verification exercise carried out on TBN by the third party.
1.When you visit a TBN website(s), TBN uses “cookie” technology try to make that experience simple, personalised and meaningful. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or any similar device you use to access the internet e.g. smart phone, tablet or other mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about you're use of the website. A number of cookies TBN use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
- (a) create a specific log-in session for a visitor to an TBN website in order that page requests by that visitor are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
- (b) recognise when a visitor to an TBN website has visited before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to the website and allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- (c) customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the website;
- (d) store your product selectionsincluding program choices and registration data to the Child Portal;
- (e) improve the website(s) and learn which parts are most popular to visitors. To do this, we gather statistical information about how our visitors use the website(s) including device-specific data such as the IP address of the device (collected and stored in an anonymised format); the device screen size; the device type and browser information; country of location; and the preferred language used to display the website(s). Our servers also automatically record information including the referring domain; the pages visited; and the date and time when website(s) pages were accessed.
3.Some of the cookies used by TBN websites are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on an TBN website(s) you may not be able to take full advantage of the website(s) if you do so.
4.Certain cookies are either set by third parties on the Website or these are set by us using the third parties cookie code. More information about cookies placed by third parties and how to restrict or block their cookies can be accessed by following the link to their website. In addition to cookies, tracking gifs may be set by us or third parties in respect of your use of the Site. Tracking gifs are small image files within the content of our site or the body of our newsletters so we or third parties can understand which parts of the website are visited or whether particular content is of interest.
5.In addition to cookies, tracking gifs may be set by us or third parties in respect of your use of the Site. Tracking gifs are small image files within the content of our site or the body of our newsletters so we or third parties can understand which parts of the website are visited or whether particular content is of interest.
6. Third Party Websites
Please be aware that TBN does not control and is not responsible for websites that are referred to or linked from its own websites and that use of your personal information on these websites is not subject to this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
1. To access certain parts of the TBN websites or to gain entry to TBN events, TBN may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself. You are reminded that in addition to the provisions of this Privacy and Cookies Policy, where you register you also agree to:
- (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form and child portal; and
- (b) maintain and promptly update the child portal to keep it fully up to date; and
- (c) in respect of any TBN event, to allow your ID (including passport, drivers license, emirates ID, other ID badge to be scanned/ photographed as a condition of entry to such event. TBN reserves the right to refuse entry to or eject you from the event if your ID badge is not scanned.
8. Call Monitoring for Quality Control
1. Please note your calls to TBN may be recorded for training and quality control purposes. This includes our chat and other app functions on the website that allow communication.
9. Promotion Rules
9.2 All entrants to a Promotion must be at least 21 years of age at the date of entry and comply with any further age and/or other eligibility requirements set out in the Rules (eg in relation to residency). The eligibility of any entrant is at the sole discretion of TBN. Employees and agents of TBN and its associated companies (including the families of such employees and agents) are not eligible to enter Promotions. Only one entry per person and per household is permitted.
9.3 All entries must be made in accordance with the Rules and must be received by TBN by the closing date. Entries made otherwise shall be invalid. TBN accepts no responsibility or liability for any lost, damaged or incomplete entries and all such entries will be deemed invalid. Proof of despatch shall not be proof of entry.
9.4 Unless otherwise stated in the Additional Rules, all Promotions can be entered by sending an appropriately worded e-mail to the e-mail address specified in the Promotion. Any such e-mail must include your contact details and comply with any instructions set out in the Additional Rules (for example, to identify which Promotion is being entered). Each Promotion must be entered by a separate e-mail. Alternative means of entering a Promotion (if any) will be set out in the Additional Rules and where there are alternative means of entering a Promotion no distinction shall be made between entries between different routes of entry.
9.5 Unless the Additional Rules specify otherwise, entries shall not be returned to entrants.
9.6 TBN reserves the right at its sole discretion to (without prior notice):
- (a) cancel the Promotion; and/or
- (b) substitute the prize(s) for another prize of equal value.
9.7 Prize-winners will (unless specified otherwise in the Additional Rules) be chosen at random by an independent judge from all qualifying entries. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
9.8 Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
9.9 Prize-winners will be notified in writing within 6 weeks of the applicable closing date. If a prize-winner fails to respond to claim his/her prize within 14 days of receipt of the notification, TBN shall be entitled to select an alternative prize-winner. In such circumstances TBN shall use reasonable endeavours to notify the alternative prize-winner within nine weeks of the closing date.
9.10 Prize-winners will receive their prize within 6 weeks of notification unless otherwise specified in the Additional Rules. The terms and conditions of any third party supplier may apply and must be accepted and complied with by a prize-winner to accept the prize.
9.11 TBN will not be liable if a prize does not reach a prize-winner for any reason outside the control of TBN or if a prize is damaged during delivery.
9.12 Details of the names of prize-winners can be requested by writing to TBN provided that such request is received by TBN within ten weeks of the applicable closing date.
9.13 By entering the Promotion, the prize-winner(s) agree to take part in any promotional activity requested by TBN and consent to his/her name, county and photograph being published for the purposes of the Promotion and promoting the Website and/or TBN and its businesses.
9.14 Other than for death or personal injury arising from the negligence of TBN, TBN hereby excludes (so far as is permitted by law) all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Promotion or any aspect of the prize.
10.2 These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the courts of Dubai International Financial Centre who shall have exclusive jurisdiction.