How does Dancing Benefit my Child?
“Dance is the only art of which we ourselves are the stuff of which it is made”.
Almost everyone loves to dance! But why is that? It helps us to relax, let go and be part of a group as we move to the same rhythm. Dancing has many benefits for toddlers; music and movement help children with all developmental areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage, read more below!
- Physical Development - movement is so important for developing body awareness, strength, flexibility, balance and pre-writing skills. Children enjoy moving and learn to take control of their bodies.
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development - repetitive sounds and rhythms with children moving to the same beat helps to build connections between peers. A healthy body is a healthy mind - exercise and moving to music relieves stress and helps children to stay focussed on the present.
- Communication and Language - instructions are given that children have to follow which can increase their vocabulary.
- Understanding the World - children learn about cause and effect and learn to solve problems.
- Expressive Arts and Design - children can express themselves physically as they dance to the music. Educators can use creative language to stimulate the children’s imagination such as ‘we are jumping over puddles’, ‘we are butterflies’ Join us our free parent and child dance session with Ultra Sports UAE.
- Literacy - dance and movement can be used to tell a story and linked to books that children are reading e.g turning from the caterpillar to the butterfly from ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’.
Join Blossom Burj for a free parent and child dancing session with Ultra Sports UAE!
Date: Wednesday, 20th September
Time: 10:00am - 11:00am
Location: Villa 37, Street 10a, Umm al Sheif
Places are strictly limited. For more information or to book your place, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 04 348 6275.