5 easy ways to stop unwanted behaviour at supermarkets
Public Tantrums? Please don’t be embarrassed!
There is in all actuality nothing to be embarrassed about. Really. If anything, it’s a great conversation starter! We see it all the time in Dubai, children having tantrums over nothing specific in supermarkets or malls. We have all been there haven’t we? Trying our best to keep cool and stay calm but we can feel people staring? Just remember they are only looking because they completely empathize with you and have been there themselves before. As they look and are appreciating that cringing moment of a crisis, remind yourself…..it will be over soon.
How do you stop the screaming?
1. Stay as calm and in control as possible. You have the ability to control your emotions unlike your child so raising your voice, making threats and getting angry or shouting back will not help the situation, it will only make your child more upset.
2. Ignore, walk away, stay close and pretend to continue your shopping. If your child is yelling or saying something to you give clear instruction “Mummy will talk to you when you speak nicely” and turn away. Ignore until they stop.
3. Alternatively, talk to your child about the items that need to be bought, distract and get them to help find the foods and put them in the trolley.
4. Make sure your child is well fed and well rested before heading out.
5. Always tell your child where they are going and the reason for it.
What is the best advice you can offer on this topic? Come to Blossom Downtown for a Coffee Afternoon and listen to Andalene Salvesen (aka Super Granny) talk about Parenting Styles with a Purpose.
Date: 13th October 2015
Time: 3pm – 4pm
Location: Blossom Downtown Nursery, Yansoon 7, Al Manzil District.
Contact us at 04 448 7661 or email email@example.com